Lindesay - venues
1a Carthona Avenue
Darling Point NSW 2027
Located at Darling Point, Lindesay was built by the Colonial Treasurer Campbell Drummond Riddell in 1834, when he purchased 17 acres reserved for him by the Acting Governor, Lieutenant Patrick Lindesay, his friend and fellow Scot, and after whom the house is presumably named.
Darling Point grew up around the grounds of Lindesay, which once swept down to the water. It was the first house to be built on Darling Point and attracted distinguished occupants. The house is the first domestic example of Gothic Revival in Australia with fine interiors, restored by the National Trust, that represent the house of gentlemen prominent in colonial society during the first half of the 19th century.
Being an elegant 1830s mansion with full views across manicured lawns to Sydney Harbour, Lindesay is a much-sought after venue by brides. In the pretty garden under the marquee, elegant events can be held for up to 100 people or alternatively the Music or Dining Room can seat up to 20 for small dinners. Only 12 large functions a year are currently allowed at Lindesay, so book early to avoid disappointment.
an enquiry about an event, please use the EVENT ENQUIRY FORM.